Re: gEDA-user: Soft and Hard symbols

Dj you own a tool box, I've seen you build mechanical things.

gEDA is a toolkit (toolbox), with your logic gnu unix is a tool.

If I want to clean up the cylinder an engine block I get out an engine
block hone, I do not get out a wire brush.

Now in gEDA terms.

When you want to edit a schematic, you break out gschem, and when you
want bulk changes to attributes you get out gattrib.  and when you
doing something crazy you make a new tool, say in your favorite
language for the job.

100% agreement with John; gEDA is a toolkit, not a single tool.

being through,
Kit:
1. A set of articles or equipment needed for a specific purpose : a
first-aid kit.

Not the computer science meaning of toolkit like GTK.

Steve