Re: gEDA-user: Soft and Hard symbols

On Fri, 2011-01-14 at 21:14 -0500, al davis wrote:
> Reading a file is easy.  The hard part about the geda format,
> where use of libgeda may be advantageous, is establishing
> connectivity.

A mix of libgeda, with gnetlist wading in and flattening things (perhaps
unhelpfully). I want to see all connectivity code move into libgeda, and
flattening be optional.

>   I don't know where that is done, or if it is done
> in a form that would be useful here, or whether there exists the
> code to go the other way (generate a schematic given a netlist
> and rendering info) which is equally needed.

Not done. Would be nice though - but I'd rate it of similar complexity
to a board auto-router. (Not as rigidly constrained topologically, but
to do well would require a decent auto-place, and a decent auto-router -
even if the rules are different to that used with a PCB).

--
Peter Clifton

Electrical Engineering Division,
Engineering Department,