Re: gEDA-user: OT - Joystick control of stepper or servo motors

At Noqsi, we're starting to do jobs like this with an Armadeus board (http://www.armadeus.com/). Tiny Linux system with an attached FPGA for custom interfaces. Free/open software, firmware, and hardware. You could use the Linux USB infrastructure.

>> [mailto:geda-user-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of DJ Delorie
>>
>> I think steppers are the right way to go.  Easy to operate,
>> easy to position, go round and round more than once.
>> Controlling the steppers is easy, you just need a few
>> N-mosfet transistors (or a dual H-bridge chip, I suppose).

I agree.

http://www.noqsi.com/
jpd@xxxxxxxxx