Re: gEDA-user: PCB GTK version...

On Tue, 26 Jul 2005 14:30:49 -0400
DJ Delorie <dj@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Or laptops.  Kinda hard to update the video card in your laptop.
> Heck, *I* was annoyed with the GTK 2.4 requirement, because that meant
> I had to install a WHOLE NEW OS on my laptop just to keep developing
> PCB.

I have a PII CELERON@400MHz laptop running Debian stable. PCB runs very good
on this setup. The only problem, is that the minimum resolution is about
1024*768 for PCB (don't know why), and my IBM X390 is equipped with 800x600
TFT. Can manage by moving the window of PCB to the right place of the screen
though.....

I think GTK 2.x runs pretty on 10 yeras old hardware, so one should not worry
about it.

What I recommend for slow hardware, is not using KDE, ore GNOME. What I use
on my laptop (and my desktop too), is a just a pure window managger
(enlightenment), and that's it. Your "slow" hardware will run fast!!!

Levente

__

E-Mail: lekovacs@xxxxxxxxxxxx
AIM: ha5ogl
ICQ: 48710903
MSN: ha5ogl@xxxxxxxxxxx
Yahoo!: kieg_tk16
Home Page: http://web.interware.hu/lekovacs
Public key: http://web.interware.hu/lekovacs/cuccok/public_key

/"\
\ /    ASCII Ribbon Campaign
 X   against HTML email & vCards
/ \     http://arc.pasp.de/

Have Fun, & Linux! 73 for all by HA5OGL.
This message was generated by Sylpheed.