Re: gEDA-user: PCB GTK version...

On Jul 26, 2005, at 10:17 AM, Xtian Xultz wrote:
One think that GTK will allow easy implementation of is OpenGL alpha
transparency in
the drawing. For those without accelerated graphics you'll hate it, but it
will be a great
improvement for those with fast hardware.

The future is now, and an opengl card is cheap (even in my country).

For PCs, anyway. Please keep in mind that some of us don't use PCs.

 I really
have no words when I see the 3d rendering of a board in the Kicad, and
sometimes that is really usefull.
gEDA and PCB are professional tools and I really dont think that a
pre-requisite to them is to run on old machines. MHO, of course.

Where "old machines" means "anything that's not a PC"? I think not.

         -Dave

--
Dave McGuire "I wonder what 'Error Code 1' means. That's
Cape Coral, FL what it said when it started smoking." -Jonathan Patschke