Re: gEDA-user: PCB GTK version...

Em Ter 26 Jul 2005 15:23, Dave McGuire escreveu:
> On Jul 26, 2005, at 10:17 AM, Xtian Xultz wrote:
> >> One think that GTK will allow easy implementation of is OpenGL alpha
> >> transparency in
> >> the drawing. For those without accelerated graphics you'll hate it,
> >> but it
> >> will be a great
> >> improvement for those with fast hardware.
> >
> > The future is now, and an opengl card is cheap (even in my country).
>
>    For PCs, anyway.  Please keep in mind that some of us don't use PCs.

Sorry Dave, I forgot about that. PCs and Macs have 3d accelerated graphics,
what kind of machine do you use?

> >  I really
> > have no words when I see the 3d rendering of a board in the Kicad, and
> > sometimes that is really usefull.
> > gEDA and PCB are professional tools and I really dont think that a
> > pre-requisite to them is to run on old machines. MHO, of course.
>
>    Where "old machines" means "anything that's not a PC"?  I think not.

No, I am not talking about that.
But what doesnt get out of my mind, is thinking that if you want to use a
software that is graphically intensive, is not a good idea to use a machine
that isnt.