Re: gEDA-user: merge multi symbol components

Kai-Martin Knaak wrote:
> On Wed, 22 Jul 2009 06:07:54 -0500, Bill Gatliff wrote:
>

>> In my case, I use one symbol to refer to all 8/16/32 bits of a GPIO port
>> on a microcontroller.  I'll use a few bits from that port on one page,
>> and a few on another.
>>

> Ok, this is a legitimate case. Still, the common error of unintentional
> duplicate symbols should be brought to the attention of the user. How
> about a warning, complemented with an entry in the yet to be defined
> attribute "multi-part". This attribute would suppress the warning.

Totally agree.  Some of my designs include multiple identical
microcontrollers, and I'm always very aware of how difficult it is to
make sure the wiring all gets to the right places.  An error, with the
command-line option of turning that error into a warning, would be very,
very reassuring.

b.g.

--
Bill Gatliff