Re: gEDA-user: Running a mixed analog and digital simulation possible?

On Thursday 23 July 2009, r wrote:
> There is also an experimental ADMS add-in for ngspice. Not
> sure whether it is usable now, though.

ADMS has nothing to do with mixed signal.  It is a model
compiler .. It takes a subset of Verilog-A and compiles it to C
so it can be used with a simulator.  The exact output format is
defined by a XML-based config file.

ADMS was developed by Motorola (now Freescale) as a migration
tool to get us away from simulator-specific models.

For spice (including NGspice) you still need to make mods to the
core to accomodate the new model, so it is not something a
typical end user can do.

The same C code also should work with Gnucap, as a plugin using
the spice-wrapper interface.  Most spice models work, but a few
don't.

Someone is working on a config file for ADMS to generate the
native gnucap interface which is more efficient, and supports
mixed-mode.  I don't know how far along it is.