Re: gEDA-user: "click on zoom focus"

I've just discovered the condition that causes the problem.

Usually when I operate the scroll wheel to change the zoom, PCB immediately adjusts the display, zooming in or out. Usually I can quickly go several steps in or out, rapidly, without waiting for the display to be updated after each click of the zoom wheel.

Sometimes, when I move the scroll wheel one click, the menus gray out, and the "click on zoom focus" message shows in the status bar. If I click anywhere in the layout, the zoom update proceeds. *However*, if instead of (left-clicking) somewhere in the layout, I instead move the scroll wheel one additional click, the menus and left-hand panel of buttons becomes locked grayed-out. I can continue to zoom in or out, but right-click panning doesn't work. The "click on zoom focus" message has been replaced by the normal "view= component grid=25.0:0 45_/ line= ..."

So the problem is associated with a change in state from one in which multiple zoom steps can be completed rapidly, and one in which the program asks for a "zoom focus". Why does it "think" that it doesn't know the point about which it is to zoom?

Thanks to all who have contributed to this thread!
Dave

Ethan Swint wrote:
Dave-

Is your behavior triggered by the same event that I describe? I've encountered this bug in multiple versions of PCB on Fedora 10-13, distro repository and compiled from git head. You are only other person on this list that I've seen that has encountered the bug.

-Ethan