Re: gEDA-user: pcb GL can't render stretched arcs

2011/7/16 DJ Delorie <dj@xxxxxxxxxxx>:

> My quick take on this:
>
> Do the math based on a zero-thickness arc, then offset the resulting
> distance by the arc half-thickness.
>
> I think this is more in line with how we *draw* the arcs.

I have not yet investigated on how the arcs are draw nor how
they are beeing stretched.
For the moment I have given up on the algebraic solution
but will do some more investigations even if it is fruitless.

It would be good if someone could tell me how the arc parameters
are created and how they are used.
For the moment I have not found a way to stretch them and if
the rule is to use data in the .pcb file as true source even if
the limiting angles are wrong for the (unknown how the have been
created) stretched arc one need to understand the interpretation of
the attributes

DJ's stretched arc example had different height,width in the file
but a ctrl+R did not reflect this.