Re: gEDA-user: Problem With SOT23-5? Invisible "Guardband" Around Landpattern; Arcs in Silkscreen

> --I think that if I edit the silkscreen of the footprint, gsch2pcb
> will say something like, "Warning: ./packages/TDSON8.fp appears to
> be a PCB layout file. Skipping."  So, I guess I need to convert the
> footprint

Ah, we've fixed that since your version, I think.  If you do "pcb
foo.fp" it makes a layout and puts the footprint in it.  If you save
it saves the layout - but the current version saves the first element
in the layout instead.

Just vi/emacs the file and cut out everything but the Element section.