Re: gEDA-user: panel/case design

Karel Kulhavy wrote:

Dalailama says that compassion is important. And that's exactly what I get on these mailing lists. People care about me and the very my problems. If I wrote to proprietary vendor that it crashed, they would first calculate if it will bring money to fix it, without taking any humanity into account.

Well, not quite. First they calculate if it will bring in enough money to pay their employees, so that their employees can feed their children, and pay their hospital bills and mortages.

This is the basic founding principle of organised groups, and of society in general. Free software development, on the other hand, has no such organising principle. This activity is essentially selfish: development is carried out for personal goals, and to further a nebulous and ill-defined concept of the advancement of technology.

So, which is more 'humane'? I'll leave that as an exercise for you.

Evan