Re: gEDA-user: 2-layer design recommendations

People,

To (dubiously) add to this discussion, it is important to do all that
you can to reduce ground currents.  The only place where I can recall
that I used ground planes on the top layer were some very special
instances where I was trying to do controlled impedance work and there I
used grounded "fences" on both sides of a conducting trace and ground
plane with the board thickness, trace width and "fence" spacing all
contributing to the inpedence calculation.  Mostly the "fences" break up
the inter-trace capacities to reduce cross-talk.  They can cause some of
the ground loop problems though.

	Harold Skank