Re: gEDA-user: RFC: Towards a better symbol/package pin-mapping strategy

This is an age old debate in EDA software.  Where is the symbol weight
stored?  In each symbol,  or in a database.
( Note when I say database, it can be a flat file or full blown
relational SQL )

The Heavy vs. Light symbol debate.   both answers are correct. let's
build infrastructure for both.

Unsurprisingly the very expensive software I use at work can't even do
this...  We use a "heavy" library.   I'm ashamed about all of the
screw ups with swapping "identical" parts, that I have seen,   RHOS
and Halogen free transitions were a pain.    a light symbol could have
automatically been mapped and the transition could have been reading a
report for the automatically transitioned parts and verifying that
they were identical, ONCE. not per project.  I feel man WEEKS were
wasted.

Steve