Re: gEDA-user: RMS Waveform of a signal

To the best of my knowledge, the RMS-value (root mean square) is a constant,
i.e. the waveform would be a straight horizontal line. The definition of
the value comes from power considerations: it's the constant current/voltage
that produces the same power(-dissipation) as the signal.

Armin

Rubén Gómez Antolí wrote:
Hello all:

There are any form of obtain a RMS waveform of a signal?

I have a signal with harmonics and distorsion and I want to get the RMS waveform of it.

I check some tools, including engines and post-proccesors, with no success: Oscopy, Ngspice, Gnucap, Octave, KJWaves.

Anyones knows or have some idea?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards.

Salud y Revolución.