Re: gEDA-user: RMS Waveform of a signal

Hello Armin:

Thanks for your response.

El 16/06/10 15:16, Armin Faltl escribió:
To the best of my knowledge, the RMS-value (root mean square) is a
constant,
i.e. the waveform would be a straight horizontal line. The definition of
the value comes from power considerations: it's the constant
current/voltage
that produces the same power(-dissipation) as the signal.

I'm not completly sure but, these are true when the signal is regular and periodic.

If you have a "strange" wave, you get a time-variant rms wave. Look a example on top of page 3 in this PDF:

http://fie-conference.org/fie96/papers/219.pdf

(plot RMS(i(r)))

Armin

Sincerily, I thought that this are more usual, but there are very few references on web and nothing in how to obtain in "free world" (at least, I can't find it).

Best regards.

Salud y Revolución.

Lobo.
--
Libertad es poder elegir en cualquier momento. Ahora yo elijo GNU/Linux,
para no atar mis manos con las cadenas del soft propietario.