Re: gEDA-user: RMS Waveform of a signal

Armin Faltl wrote:
To the best of my knowledge, the RMS-value (root mean square) is a constant, i.e. the waveform would be a straight horizontal line.

How do you use measure over a defined time interval, so you
get a RMS window operation?  Then the RMS value would vary with time also
and be a useful statistic for noise events, which sounds like what Ruben wants.

A look at the manual says do a store, then the transient command, where
you specify a start and stop time.

Sound right Al?  (I haven't done these, just googled "gnucap measure",
"gnucap transient".)

John
--
Ecosensory   Austin TX