Re: gEDA-user: PCB head fails with ***MEMORY-ERROR***

   This might explain my problem with PCB+GL.... maybe it's just a general
   problem with PCB? I have noticed that PCB can eat up about 3 GB after a
   few hours of routing.

   On 3 June 2011 14:41, Kai-Martin Knaak <[1]knaak@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
   wrote:

   Andrew Poelstra wrote:
   > Use gdb to get a backtrace (gdb ./pcb, then r to run, bt to
   backtrace).

     On my other, more muscular box, the repeated application of
     "optimize rats"
     takes down the whole desktop environment. After about two minutes
     the screen
     freezes and blacks out. A few seconds later this single line is
     shown:
      acpid: client 5490 [0:0] has disconnected
     I could still change to a different tty with [ctrl-alt-F1]. The gdm
     service
     failed to restart. So I rebooted the whole box.
     This seems to be a memory leak problem. I noted, that memory usage
     goes way up
     on rats optimization until it hits the ceiling (memory and swap used
     100%).
     See the system log I attached to the lauchpad bug report.
         [2]https://bugs.launchpad.net/pcb/+bug/792139
     These crashes happen with my current, a bit larger project. The same
     PCB
     binary behaves inconspicuously when used with small scale projects.
     I attached
     a gzip of the offending layout to this mail.
     ---<)kaimartin(>---
     --
     Kai-Martin Knaak                                  tel:
     +49-511-762-2895