Re: gEDA-user: Building geda under Windows

On Sat, Mar 05, 2005 at 09:48:45PM -0500, Dave McGuire wrote:
> On Mar 5, 2005, at 7:26 PM, marvindickens@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> >Even though I *never* use ms windows when I have a choice, I
> >must say that all of the arguments against porting gEDA to
> >windows have been based soley on emotions and/or personal
> >preferences.
>
>   Well...Windows is a proprietary product of poor quality that is
> largely incompatible with 90% of the rest of the stuff out there, and
> it's being phased out in lots of organization.  That's fact, not
> emotion...though I must say I'm happy about it. :)

Yes in the company I work in IE has been almost phased out, Outlook too, the
Word replaced by OpenOffice and now we are planning to phase out the Windows
themselves and install some unices instead - Linux or OpenBSD.

BTW are there any problems with gEDA or PCB on OpenBSD?

Cl<