Re: gEDA-user: New beta version of gEDA Suite CD up -- please test!

On Sun, Mar 27, 2005 at 10:17:25AM -0500, Stuart Brorson wrote:
> > >So your law works in this case as well, trying to launch the installer
> > >gives an error message "Program too big to fit in memory". I don't
> > >know who is reporting this, running it in gdb didn't really help
> > >either since gdb just prints this message and hangs. Gdb also
> > >complains that the installer.exe is built for GNU/Linux which it
> > >doesn't know about.
>
> I did some quick Googling.   This message is coming from Cygwin
> itself.  There are various configurations you can twiddle in Cygwin
> which might solve this problem.  Here's one thread which I found with
> some info:
>
> http://www.cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2003-10/msg01045.html
>
> I'd imagine that 10 minutes of Googling would solve your problem.

Stuart,

I'm sure it would, I just thought I'd respond to the request of
testing the CD under cygwin, I don't really need to make that work. I
was just curious if it did work out of the box, which we can say it
doesn't.

> FWIW, the installer works on all my Linux machines.  Why run Cygwin on
> Windoze when you can just run Linux natively?

I have no idea... I have Linux exclusively on at least 4 machines that
I use for my personal computing needs, the cygwin thing for me it just
a way to make my work laptop somewhat more usable... I can't avoid
Windows completely at work, although I do most of my work on Solaris
professionally...

--
Daniel Nilsson