Re: gEDA-user: local only mode for syms and footprints

Actually, this is an interesting point.  The last time I looked,
gsch2pch had the path to the footprint directories hard-coded into the
program.  That isn't the best practice . . . .

The question is, how should gsch2pcb handle the footprint directory
search path?  It should have some sensible default so newbies don't
need to configure it, but the default shouldn't be hard-coded.
Perhaps a resource file living in ${PREFIX}/share/gsch2pcb?

Stuart