Re: gEDA-user: gedasymbols.org update

I have symbols for part of OpenIP (see http://research.kek.jp/people/ ikeda/openIP/). Since a major purpose for these is SPICE netlist generation, they need "file" attributes (but "footprint"? What's that? ;-). But we have no standard way to organize these, and neither SPICE nor spice-sdb have search rules for these.

What I do is place a link to the model library directory (named "Components") in the design directory. Models are in subdirectories of "Components", so, for example, the symbol for the EDFFP block contains "file=Components/OpenIP/openip_3.cir" because the EDFFP model was cribbed from chapter 3 of the OpenIP manual.

Should this be the standard approach? Alternatives?

John Doty Noqsi Aerospace, Ltd. jpd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx