Re: gEDA-user: gedasymbols.org update

On Mon, Mar 06, 2006 at 05:49:18PM +0100, Karel Kulhavy wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 04, 2006 at 04:58:55PM -0500, Darrell Harmon wrote:
> > I have my own fairly complete schematic symbol and footprint
> > libraries. I would like to make them as accessable as possible,
> > but there are some problems.
> >
> > With the schematic symbols, the standard gschem style is not
> > used. The all have pins on 100 mil centers. Since they are so
>
> gschem is using 100mil centers as well.

I think most of the pins are spaced 200 mils. I also ignore some
of the rules. I even have my own smaller resistors and capacitors.

> > different, should I just leave them on my website or should I
> > put them on gedasymbols.org ? Currently they are only available
>
> Put them to gedasymbols.org and upload them to geda.seul.org as
> well, please. Every time I am working with gEDA am am wishing all
> the people that created something had done this.

I am working on that. I am taking it slow so I won't have to redo
them all as changes are made to the gedasymbols.org standards. By
the end of the week I should have around 100 symbols up. The rest
need to be cleaned up to meet my standards.

> > from my subversion repository ( svn://dlharmon.com/geda/sym )
> > If there is interest, I will sort them out into tested and
> > untested and place them on gedasymbols. There are many high pin
> > count parts in this library.
> >
> > Most of my pcb footprint library is generated with footgen. I
>
> What's footgen? URL?
>
> CL<

Footgen is a Python script that takes a set of attributes and
generates newlib footprints. It currently supports DIP, SIP,
DIH (Headers), QFP, SOIC, 2 pad SMT, BGA, and some others that
I can't remember. http://dlharmon.com/geda/footgen.html
What is currently on the web operates in batch mode and can
generate hundreds of footprints from one file of definitions.
I am now working on a CGI frontend for it so one can type in
around 10 parameters on my website and get back a newlib
footprint.

--
Darrell Harmon
http://dlharmon.com