Re: gEDA-user: High speed decoupling

David Hart wrote:

> "Managing Noise and Ground in Precision Analog System Applications"
> on-line webinar at:
> http://w.on24.com/r.htm?e=19853&s=1&k=A8EB366553A7E55131C3E0B733E2654E

This requires registration with full information including the telephone
number. It needs either the "Real Player" or the "Windows Media Player"
 Not exactly friendly to my Linux system. Anyway, I installed the helix
driver (v1.0.6.3) and successfully received the front page of the
presentation. But then an error message pops up:
/----------
| Bad Transport
| (rtsp://cdo.earthcache.net/ssvc005194.media.globix.net/media/news/
| corporatevideo/events/19853/1_rmmulti.rm)
\----------

:-|

There is an online utility on the event.on-24 site that "Tests Your
System". Result:

/------------
| Operating System Failed
|    	We have detected that your operating system does not
|	meet the optimal webcast specifications for listening to and/or
|	viewing webcasts.
---> Not exactly friendly to my system...

I might try juggling with virtual machines. Can anyone with access to
MS-Win boxes confirm, that the presentation is worth the hassle?

Alternatively, I'd happily accept a recommendation for low noise advice
printed on good old paper. (I already know about Horowitz/Hill)

---<(kaimartin)>---
--
Kai-Martin Knaak
kmk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx