Re: gEDA-user: [pcb] overlapping pin/pad -- won't form thermal

I haven't tried this but a work around might be to use a polygon rather
then a pad. If you need to solder to the polygon then make a small pad
not connected to the via and open the soldermask clearence but not the
polygon clearance.

Steve M