Re: gEDA-user: pcb printing

DJ Delorie wrote:

> And if people are asking about printing, we should consider adding
> some page selection options for printing.  Currently it prints
> [probably] way too many pages for most people.

I've noticed gtk printing doing a good job on debian linux
recently.  The basic dialog box has a print page range.  If we provided
a hint of the list of files that are printable by the exporter, we would be done.
Done to the point of usable by specifying a range like:
1-3, 5, 9,11    at least.

Centralizing printing to come from one library "sounds good", but I can't commit time to it.
It's just something for "Mike getting the Win32 HID going" to consider.

I like Kai-Martin's idea of a config file, or gafrc config line(s) for which files get queued to print by the exporter.

Kai-Martin's idea of configurable filters to print data objects in ways different from their
current displayed appearance on screen sounds far off in the evolution of pcb/gschem, but I like it too. :-)

John Griessen
--
Ecosensory   Austin TX