Re: gEDA-user: pcb printing

On Mon, 2009-03-02 at 08:05 -0600, Mark Rages wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 2, 2009 at 7:20 AM, Kai-Martin Knaak <kmk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I would really like to see an index with a grid along the edges of the
> board like a  city map.  Then the service tech can look up "U101 in
> column A, row 3" etc.

FWIW, I've heard this asked for in gschem too. (By Tomaz Solc). Since
gschem title-blocks already have such designations, the idea was that it
would be nice to be able to query each entity for its location in that
coordinate system.

Of course, since in gschem the coordinates on the title-block are just
graphics, such a feature wouldn't be directly possible without some kind
of scripted / plugin attribute annotation which understands the notional
coordinate system of the page's title block.

--
Peter Clifton

Electrical Engineering Division,
Engineering Department,