Re: gEDA-user: pcb printing

On Sun, Mar 1, 2009 at 10:03 PM, DJ Delorie <dj@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Note that if Mike gets the Win32 HID working

Any time line on that?  I've been using PCB on Windows, and it
has three significant problems.  Printing, Library Paths, PostScript Export.

> it will support Win32-based printing.

> And if people are asking about printing. , we should consider adding
> some page selection options for printing

I was the one that asked Dan about PCB printing on Windows.
Actually I asked Dan about how to build PCB on Windows,
base on some previous discussions in private email.
Once I can get PCB built I was going to figure out why it won't print.

As it is now it is simply impossible to print on Windows.  All that
happens is that a DOS box pops up, then vanishes before you can
read what it said.  Doesn't mater what you enter for a lprcommand.

>Currently it prints [probably] way too many pages for most people.

I have no complaint, other than there is never a page one, even when
I print from my Linux box, during PostScript export.
The first page starts with "2. Component",
I assume the missing "1." is the first index page itself?

I'd be happy if PostScript Export worked, then I could use that to print.

It does not work correctly on Windows with GhostScript/GhostView, which
to me seems rather odd.

This is the error message:
DSC Error
At line 3:
  %%Page: 1

This line is incorrect.
The two arguments should be a label and an ordinal.
The ordinal should be 1 for the first page and should
increase by 1 for each following page.
The page ordinal is missing or is not in sequence.

It is likely that this line is part of an included file that
was not enclosed in %%BeginDocument / %%EndDocument.

'OK' will ignore this page, assuming it is part of an
incorrectly encapsulated EPS file.
'Cancel' will treat this as a valid page
Response = OK

DSC Error
At line 35:
  %%Page: 2

This line is incorrect.
The two arguments should be a label and an ordinal.
The ordinal should be 1 for the first page and should
increase by 1 for each following page.
The page ordinal is missing or is not in sequence.

It is likely that this line is part of an included file that
was not enclosed in %%BeginDocument / %%EndDocument.

... for 14 pages. Selecting "Cancel" does get a workable document.
The path name at the bottom of each page is wrong.  There is no path
separator, of any type.  I assume there is some backslash quoting problem there.

This is with the most recently released version of GhostScript, 8.63.