Re: gEDA-user: How to plot in batch mode (ngspice)

Hi joseda,

On Freitag, 13. März 2009, joseda wrote:
> I've discovered gEDA and ngspice and it's fantastic although there is
> a big road to do.
> I'm making a work in my university about EDA tools in Linux. My
> question: Is there a way to plot a graphic (with a .plot directive in
> the netlist file) after run a simulation in batch mode?

You can do several things.

1. Plot into postscript

You have to set the plotting device postscript:
  set hcopydevtype=postscript
and plot the vectors with the command hardcopy
  hardcopy filename.ps ac.v(7) ac.v(8) ac.v(9) ac.v(10)

2. Write the data into a file

Use the write command in ngspice will create a data file
  write binary_results.raw

If you like to have an ascii format, you can change it with
  set filetype=ascii

You can postprocess that data with python, ocatve+octave, ...
python: http://www.h-renrew.de/h/python_spice/spicedata.html
octave: http://www.h-renrew.de/h/de_spice/de.html

Regards
Werner