Re: gEDA-user: DRC UI mockup

On Sun, 2009-03-29 at 11:33 -0700, Ben Jackson wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 29, 2009 at 04:48:39PM +0000, Kai-Martin Knaak wrote:
> >
> > I like to work with two screens. This would mix well with peters design.
> > The dialog with the list of current violations would sit on the right
> > while the layout can be dealt with on the left screen.
>
> The dialog can also group by common cause (insufficient clearance, too-small
> annular ring, etc).  Plus it could have buttons like "force annular ring to
> min size".

Yep, the "Auto fix" button would be handy. Candidates for an easy fix:

Annulus size, drill size, line / arc width, polygon clearances.

The trick is to figure out that the fix can be applied without
introducing further violations (or perhaps we don't care - just let them
stack up in the list.).

More importantly though, I think we need to improve the geometric
reporting of the existing checks though. The X,Y coordinates quoted by
the back-end aren't actually always centred on the violation, and in
many cases, we don't actually know what the violating distance is.. just
that the rule has failed.

--
Peter Clifton

Electrical Engineering Division,