Re: gEDA-user: pcb doesn't find my pins

On Wed, 2010-03-03 at 09:41 -0500, Jim wrote:
> dpkg -l | grep -i geda
> ii  geda
> 1:1.4.0.1                                                  GPL EDA --

So I presume Debian or Ubuntu?

I expect if you grab gEDA 1.6.1 from either the Debian sid repositories,
or Ubuntu Lucid, you will be very pleasantly surprised at the improved
graphics and feel of the suite.

http://packages.debian.org/source/sid/geda-gaf

There are several binary packages, so you'd need to grab them and dpkg
--install *geda*.deb

NB: I'm not 100% sure where best to suggest you grab them from. Probably
under:

http://ftp.debian.com/debian/pool/main/g/geda/

And similar, such as:

http://ftp.debian.com/debian/pool/main/g/geda-gschem/

I'm hesitant to suggest you fiddle with your apt.sources, but there are
of course ways to apt-get install from a newer distro release.

For Ubuntu Lucid packages (which might work in Karmic, say), look here:

http://packages.ubuntu.com/source/lucid/geda-gaf

https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/geda-gaf/

If you expand the tab next to 1.6.1, you can see and download the
individual .deb files.

If you want, let me know what distro version you are on. If people are
interested, I can back-port the 1.6.1 package to a few different
versions in my PPA.

--
Peter Clifton

Electrical Engineering Division,