Re: gEDA-user: General Layers questions

On Tue, Mar 15, 2011 at 06:50:01PM -0400, DJ Delorie wrote:

> Our current way is that copper objects have implied mask openings.  I
> suppose we could continue that, as well as adding some paste metrics
> there too.  This is *in addition to* a separate paste layer for
> user-defined paste, or for footprint-defined custom paste, of course.

Right now (as looking to the core) LineType has only "Clearance"
attribute. No Mask/Paste. Pads has in addition "Mask" attribute.

And to be clear. There will be "mask layer". So you can draw anything
there and it will be masked/unmasked. But it will not be "in addition
to" some implicit mask attributes in some objects.

What I am trying to figure out is how we want to draw some "additional"
object on that layer according to an object in some copper layer. But
it seems that we don't have to. Footprints will have its own mask layer
which will be drawn in our mask layer. And normal lines usualy don't
have mask/paste so we don't have to worry about.

	Martin Kupec