Re: gEDA-user: What is the standard of gEDA tools and PCB

On Sun, 18 May 2003 09:49:00 -0400
DJ Delorie <dj@delorie.com> wrote:

> > I disagree with yout, DeeJay.
>
> It's DJ, not DeeJay.

Im kidding :D

> > I never used a so produtive software like PCB.
>
> I didn't say it was unproductive, I just said it was different than
> other programs.  Little things, like having cut/copy/paste not under
> the "Edit" menu, or being able to select a range of components by
> dragging a box around them.  The one that bugs me the most is that pcb
> "forgets" which tool you're using if you happen to do certain things,
> where most programs would switch back.

I didnt say you sad it is improductive, I just afraid that using a
"normal" UI, like OrCAD does, you need, for example, to enlarge a line
to select the line with button 1, click button 3, select the option,
open a window, put how large you will, clock ok...   undertood? I
just posted this message to say that IMHO is better let the program
works as it is as to make it more "intuitive" as I pointed here,
understand? Yeah, my english is a crap...
I agrre completely with you when you say to remold the PCB window and
sub menus.
I use PCB 1,99j and I select the objetcs with a box... draggin the
middle button.