Re: gEDA-user: Stupid newbie question

Why not create a simple schematic and post it here for analysis?

Steve M.

Bill Wilson wrote:

On Fri, 21 May 2004 13:23:41 -0400
Chad Robinson <crj@lucubration.com> wrote:

I think this is a potential confusion for many first time gschem users
and is why I made a point of it in the tutorial page:

http://web.wt.net/~billw/gsch2pcb/gschem-warmup.html

Thanks, Bill. Now I'm SURE I'm doing something wrong (or something ELSE is wrong). =) Because I did read the FAQ and the documentation, noted the red dots (at the zoom level I'm using to get nets connected to each other they're half an inch tall) and have dragged net endpoints to just about every pixel in that red pin endpoint, and still the red not-connected indicator stays there. This isn't a redraw issue, I redraw with every drag attempt. Could I have some setting messed up or disabled?

I'm using gschem-20040111, should I try the CVS?

Of that I'm not sure... the last thing I can think of is maybe you
have the snap to grid off. Look for "Snap Off" in the lower right
corner of the gschem window. If that's so, then toggle the snap on
with keys "os" or in the menu Options->Toggle Snap On/Off. If snap is
off then you probably can't hit the actual end point. But if you
have it on, then it's really a mystery to me.

Bill