Re: gEDA-user: Does anybody know an open source vhdl-ams simulator?

On 5/21/07, Dan McMahill <dan@mcmahill.net> wrote:
one of those advantages is I'm not sure that java is as widely ported as
c++.

It is more widely ported than some of the applications written in C++.
In my very honest opinion, it doesn't help to have a programming
language that is ported to all kinds of ancient or exotic hardware
when installing and running on WinXP isn't possible or only with very
much extra hacking work.

Sun is taking efforts to really open their Java because they see that
they have a disadvantage on Linux systems. Once Java is going to be as
easy to install with any distribution packaging tool as gcc is, we can
start talking again about platforms supported. GPL does have its
advantages.

--
Svenn