Re: gEDA-user: Strange behavior with input-1.sym and output-1.sym?

On May 7, 2009, at 6:53 AM, Stefan Salewski wrote:

> Of course it may be a bug of 1.4.0, I
> can not test this, have only 1.4.3 available.

One could make the case that the bug is in 1.4.3. A component without
either refdes= or  graphical=1 might reasonably be considered an
error. But the treatment of attributes in gEDA keeps changing. I wish
there was better documentation on how attributes are actually *used*
by gschem and gnetlist. The Symbol Creation Guide is "style manual",
not  a language definition.

The "anything goes" approach to attributes was fine when there were
few special cases in the core code, but increasingly I'm seeing
strange behavior that's apparently due to the core code assuming
attribute meaning that's undocumented and/or specific to the gsch2pcb
flow. This is not good.

http://www.noqsi.com/
jpd@xxxxxxxxx