Re: gEDA-user: Adding attributes to gschem symbols

   Hmmmm .... I now see more what John D was warning me about. I hadn't
   realised that once a component is placed in a schematic although the
   graphical stuff is loaded from the library at gschem startup, the
   texty bits such as footprint aren't.
   For instance if I place my mosfet with the footprint attribute in the
   symbol visible then save the schematic, close gschem and then edit the
   symbol on it's own to move the circle round the mosfet say off to the
   right and edit the footprint from SO8 to DIL8, save the changes, start
   gschem again using alt-F2 gschem (rather than from the schematic in a
   project folder) and then reopen the schematic: the circle round the
   mosfet has moved to the new position but footprint info has not
   changed, it still says SO8.
   That happens whether I add the "(promote-invisible "enabled")" line to
   my gafrc file or not.
   * Is there a way to force gschem to reload all the parts (lines and
   attributes) of every symbol from whatever library you put that symbol
   into and then pointed gschem to, every time you run it?
   I'm assuming there is and that I haven't found the right search terms
   for it yet :)
   What I'm trying to do is make sure that the library part has all the
   right info before it's placed in a schematic (though I have a feeling
   this could tip over into the heavy vs. light symbol discussion if I'm
   not careful!)
     Andy.