Re: gEDA-user: [OFF] high current amplifier

On May 22, 2009, at 10:47 AM, Joerg wrote:

> As for tubes I found that HV-driver tubes for color TVs were the best
> deal. But this was decades ago, today you'd have to take a look at
> which
> current production tubes are available and at what cost. Sovtek,
> Svetlana and so on.

Still lots of old TV tubes around: repair shops kept large stocks
around, and dealers grabbed them for pennies on the dollar as the
shops closed up when the tube era ended. If you want to build tube
stuff from scratch http://tubesandmore.com/ has lots of stuff: old
tubes, current tubes, sockets, transformers, ...

In Japan, Tokyu Hands (a division of the Tokyu department store
chain) sells tube amplifier kits.

http://www.noqsi.com/
jpd@xxxxxxxxx