Re: gEDA-user: Database on symbols, footprints and other (was "Re: gattrib")

 I think even a lot of the database stuff is possible in Guile.  I've used a Guile interface layer to MySQL and PostgreSQL, it works very well.  It's called Guile-DBI:

 http://home.gna.org/guile-dbi/

Hmm. Could a parts database utility be constructed to be logically inserted ahead of the gnetlist back end (using -l or -m options)? Plug-in...
Understandig the details of slots etc. or not, this is the way I want to work:

* make a schematic
* select parts by spec and attach them to the symbols
* run the conversion to netlists, proto-board, model
(* run model and re-select parts, re-run conversion)
* layout the board

Is this what you mean with "ahead of the gnetlist back end" ?