Re: gEDA-user: VHDL Compiler

My prof. said this and I'm curious about the answers.

Does verilog have testbenches?

I don't know about verilog, but VHDL allows for a top down design
from a single entity declaration through multiple layers of structural
architectures.  At all of these levels, the system is simulatable and
verifiable.  For a system which is hardware only, perhaps verilog is
ok.  For one which includes hardware/software tradeoffs, VHDL supports
this (I don't know if verilog does).

--
Eric N. <enist@cox.net>