Re: gEDA-user: Editing elements in PCB is too complicated

See this is the thing with being uhm "curt"..... Is your issue likely to be moved up or down the lets do that next list? I (as I am spoiled) like my issues moving towards the top. When was the last time I bought the developers a beer? Have to look into that. Stuart, when is geda/gaf going to take donations?

Ohh, by the way DJ, I also think this is a proam list. But the spirit of your message was right on. Heck yea we are interested in cool techy things that people do. And if they happen to be off toppic we will chew on you, when we remember too, but first we will go and look at the neat pictures ;).

Steve M.

harry eaton wrote:

I don't know what "go out of one's way mean" - do you know German
equivalent?

"sich grosse Mühe geben" or perhaps "sich besonders anstrengen".

I think it might also be worth noting that when a native German speaker
communicates in English it can sometimes sound rather curt or brusque
even though that may not be the intent.

Consider:

"gsch2pcb produces crap!"
"PCB realign grid sucks"
"PCB realign grid sucks squared"
"the stupid design of the realign feature"
"Bugzilla appears to be a shit to me"
"Actually QCAD sucks..."

These types of statements pretty much nail the definition of "going out of
his way" to offend, and it's not a translation issue, it is intentional;
Karel has argued that it's the proper way to act on more than one occasion.

For example it would be far more diplomatic to say something like:
"PCB realign grid doesn't work" or
"PCB realign grid is extremely hard to use" or
"PCB realign grid would work much better with snap while realigning" or
"PCB realign grid should take numerical text offset entries instead of using
the cursor" or
anything else constructive.

h.