Re: gEDA-user: Fink install or binaries for Mac OS X

On 11/21/05, Frank Eory <toaster2@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Charles,

> > I don't see any mention in the build log of this. You may have to do a
> > 'make clean' first to get back to where this error happens.
> When I did the pipe  make> verilogmakelog.txt, the 4 lines below did
> not get piped into the text file. Instead, they were still printed on
> the screen. Maybe the make has an output to stderr and another to
> stdout  and the pipe to the text file only caught one of the two.
>
> make[1]: *** [vvp] Error 1
> make[1]: *** No rule to make target `../vvp/libvpi.a', needed by
> `system.vpi'.  Stop.
> make[1]: *** No rule to make target `../vvp/libvpi.a', needed by
> `cadpli.vpl'.  Stop.
> make: *** [all] Error 2

it looks like those lines got generated from some other portion of the
compilation process, though. I would still suggest doing a 'make
clean'. You can also use 'make 2>&1 | tee build-log.txt' to capture
both stdout and stderr into build-log.txt, and 'tee' will display the
output as it is generated.

When you built from source, what version was it? (Or was it the same
as the Fink package?)

--
- Charles Lepple