gEDA-user: "nopaste" flag (was: Fiducial)

joeft wrote:

I think it is important but I'm not sure when I'll have time. I wonder if maybe just a "nopaste" flag for pins/pads is enough.
.
.
.
so actually, I ended up looking this instead of sleeping like I should have been doing.
.
.
.
Having the paste patterns shown explicitly and having a way to explicitly create a paste pattern would be the general way to do it. Same thing for the solder mask. There have been lots of times where I just wanted a rectangle cleared of solder resist. that is not tied to a part.

It should be possible to create a no soldermask area by defining a polygon of a
not-same-group-as layer, then changing the soldermask clearance to suit, then
not sending that layer to the fab, so you get no copper there either?

Where there's a will, there's a way...and maybe later some direct editing of
soldermask and paste layers WOULD be a good idea.

John Griessen