Re: gEDA-user: Added PCB output to gnetman

On Wed, 2006-11-29 at 10:48 -0500, Dave McGuire wrote:

> >>    I'm definitely interested.  I have an x86 machine here, but it's
> >> not what I do my work on.
> >
> > Ok, I'll see if I can find some time to hack it together...
>
>    That would be fantastic.  I'm planning to move house soon, so I
> may drop out of sight for a bit, but I can assist with testing on
> several platforms if that would be helpful.
>
>                   -Dave

Testing would be great!  I've started the work on a new DataDraw.  I
think you'll like it better.  Some features:

- Persistent database capability
- New DataDraw language (kind of like SQL, but C oriented) for
describing data - no more non-portable graphical front end
- High performance memory layout - faster than accessing data through
pointers to C structures

I've got the parser running, and a nice example (DataDraw's own
database).  I've also started a manual.  I'd be very interested in early
feedback before things are set in stone.  If you get time in the next
couple of days, please check out datadraw:

    svn co https://svn.sourceforge.net:443/svnroot/datadraw/trunk
datadraw

Then,

    cd datadraw/newDataDraw

In this directory, read the dvdatabase.dd file (the example), and use
oowrite to read manual.odt.  The documentation on the C API hasn't
started, but you can read any of the .c files in this directory to get a
feel for it.

Thanks!