Re: gEDA-user: Added PCB output to gnetman

Bill Cox wrote:

It's true that DataDraw was developed using MFC on windows.  I run it
using Wine.  However, the binary needed for wine is signed in under svn.
Also the code generator, which is the important part, is signed in using
the mkddr utility, which compiles under linux.

[jg]Wasn't there a part involved in the building that was not OK to put on a web server?

> If there were users other than QuickLogic, Synplicity, ViASIC, and
> myself, I'd be more interested in upgrading the GUI, but as it is, there
> are more important tasks.

[jg]Even though it is not popular, it's a SW design tool... What if we ask for some SW students to advance it as part of their class work? It might get to be truly open for all that way.

John G