Re: gEDA-user: Odd file behavior

On Wed, 2008-11-12 at 15:08 -0500, Ethan Swint wrote:
> >> Aha!  I do remember making that comment as multi-line text.  I take
> >> it from your above comment that this is now fixed if I pull fresh
> >> source and compile again.
> >>
> > Yes. But you have to remove the arc from your file with a text
> editor.

[snip]

> Ah - should have realized that git would keep track of that for me.  For
> those interested, here's the result:
> ethan@ethan_desktop:~/src/gaf$ git log
> commit c2c94821ec6c9a83d0144adad7f6fa190f403af3
> Author: Peter Clifton <pcjc2@xxxxxxxxx>
> Date:   Mon Nov 3 00:23:52 2008 +0000
>
>     Bump fileformat verison to 2

Great diagnosis guys, I'm just stepping in here to apologise.. the bug
was my fault, since I hadn't spotted the impact of upping the
file-format version on the multi-line text parsing code. (And didn't
test extensively before pushing that update.)

Since we've never bumped the file-format version before, that bug
(arguably hidden, but pre-existing) had never been encountered before.

Glad you've got it sorted, and I hope it didn't cause too much
down-time. The fact that you're running the git HEAD version is much
appreciated, as testing during a development cycle is really important.
Update early, update often!

Best regards,

--
Peter Clifton