Re: gEDA-user: PCB cause heavy load on X server

On Tue, 2008-11-11 at 22:25 +0100, michalwd1979 wrote:
> Thanks for all replies,
> I noticed the same slow down even without any polygons, tracks, vias,
> ect. It is enough to add a few 4-5 big tqfp components. I've just made
> a completely new board with 5 TQFPs (40-200 pins) and it is slow. 100%
> cpu usage by X server every move and it that takes about 2-3 seconds
> to redraw component in new place.
> Oh I did not said that I have ordinary PCI graphics card, my machine
> does not have agp or pci-express. But still PCB cause much more load
> then any other app.
>
> Michael

If you have an example which you are able to send me, I'm collecting
test-cases for slow PCB behaviour. I can't promise that I'll be able to
fix it, but I can at least see if I can reproduce the issue, with /
without the no-holes polygon cache. I'd also run it though the OpenGL
HID I've been working on, to see how that compares.

--
Peter Clifton

Electrical Engineering Division,
Engineering Department,