Re: gEDA-user: PCB cause heavy load on X server

Thanks for all replies,
I noticed the same slow down even without any polygons, tracks, vias, ect. It is enough to add a few 4-5 big tqfp components. I've just made a completely new board with 5 TQFPs (40-200 pins) and it is slow. 100% cpu usage by X server every move and it that takes about 2-3 seconds to redraw component in new place.
Oh I did not said that I have ordinary PCI graphics card, my machine does not have agp or pci-express. But still PCB cause much more load then any other app.

Michael