Re: gEDA-user: PCB cause heavy load on X server

On Tue, 2008-11-11 at 21:09 +0000, Peter Clifton wrote:
> On Tue, 2008-11-11 at 15:34 -0500, DJ Delorie wrote:
> > You're probably hitting the polygon dicer slowdown that many people
> > see.  Have you tried setting "thin draw polygon"?  Otherwise, check
> > the mailing list for the polygon dicer cache patch and see if that
> > helps.
>
> Ah, that nasty.. If you're using polygons on the board, make a temporary
> copy, then delete them.
>
> If it suddenly jumps back to lightning speed, yes.. the dicer cache
> might help.

Hmm, possibly not lightning speed. Seems that even when we touch the
tiniest piece of the PCB window, the entire view is redrawn. IE.. PCB's
framerate is constant, so if a full window zoom / scroll isn't fast,
neither will be small local on-screen manipulations.

--
Peter Clifton

Electrical Engineering Division,
Engineering Department,