Re: gEDA-user: Using KiCAD netlist for PCB

   Sorry for the ignorance. You are right. It uses wxWidgets, which in
   turn uses GTK. So what I said was a damn lie (about Qt canvas). Sorry!
   I don't really know what is happening here, but KiCAD is actually slow
   in rendering in my machine and the way you move around schematics is
   not good. When I am zoomed in some part and want to see other parts of
   the schematics, I have to zoom out and zoom in again. And that is
   slow. When I want to move some part, it is slow also and sometimes
   produces weird results (like releasing the part without my consent).
   It is probably some incompatibility with Compiz (I use Ubuntu and
   enables it by default and I leave it enabled).
   Anyway, I would like to try both kits to choose which one pleases me
   more and as generally in Open Source projects we have
   interoperability, I though it was possible. So, if it is not, never
   mind. I will finish this project with KiCAD and next one I use gEDA.
   Best Regards,

   2008/11/14 Peter Clifton <[1]pcjc2@xxxxxxxxx>

   On Fri, 2008-11-14 at 08:40 -0200, Raphael Derosso Pereira wrote:
   > I prefer GTK than Qt, because I use gnome and it also seems that
   >    canvas in Qt is not that fast.

     Actually, IIRC, KiCad uses WxWidgets, but I guess that is besides
     the
     point. I thought the Qt canvas was supposed to be good. (And for
     comparison.. GTK doesn't have one.) gEDA / PCB use their own
     drawing
     code anyway.
     PS: I like GTK too.. now if only they had the same resources as the
     Qt
     guys to throw at fixing bugs / improving the toolkit ;)
     --
     Peter Clifton
     Electrical Engineering Division,

   Raphael Derosso Pereira